Thread: [Wii] Question about downgrading

Default [Wii] Question about downgrading

I'm friends with Killergp and he sent me here after I asked him a question about downgrading my Wii

I'm looking to run Tatsunoko VS Capcom because I was thinking of getting an import copy and arcade stick for Christmas but my Wii is 3.3 and someone said free loader won't work with it [I'll have to pick up a freeloader also to play] but what I wanted to know if this is worth it and if it can be done before I go out and get the stuff tomorrow for Christmas.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

You can run imported games through Gecko OS. It is a homebrew application and is free. You shouldn't need to downgrade your Wii to use it (Gecko OS).

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    You can run imported games through Gecko OS. It is a homebrew application and is free. You shouldn't need to downgrade your Wii to use it (Gecko OS).
    okay so I need to put Gecko OS from an SD card because my Wii isn't modded if it needs that sorry if what I say seems stupid I'm new to this whole thing.

You just need a homebrew enabled Wii and a SD card. No modchip required. You can run Gecko OS either through the Homebrew Channel or the Twilight Hack. The Twilight Hack is required to install the Homebrew Channel.

You just need a homebrew enabled Wii and a SD card. No modchip required. You can run Gecko OS either through the Homebrew Channel or the Twilight Hack. The Twilight Hack is required to install the Homebrew Channel.
    Everyone keeps telling me the Twilight hack will brick Wii's with Firmware 3.3 and up is this true or not?

Not true. I've used the Twilight Hack without any problems on a Wii running 3.3.

Not true. I've used the Twilight Hack without any problems on a Wii running 3.3.
    Thank you for giving me all the info then I have just one more question do you know of a place I could import this game for Christmas?

I'm not really sure about that, but try checking out play-asia.com.

I'm not really sure about that, but try checking out play-asia.com.
    Can do and thank you again for all your help.