Thread: Multiple Towns with Savegame Extractor/Installer?

Default Multiple Towns with Savegame Extractor/Installer?

Does the Savegame Extractor/Installer allow you to play multiple towns whenever I want? Lets say I backed up my save and then restarted my town with the intention of installing the save again later, will this affect my save at all? And if I backup a save of the town I got when I restarted can I alternate lets say every other month between playing both towns? Plus, will this affect WiFi?

Thanks in advance,
    Zach
    Yo mama. :U

The fact that you can keep a backup save in case it all goes wrong suggest to me that you ought to be able to have two saves you use but IMO it will effect wi-fi given the fact that the save is paired with the console

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Area51_Hacker2 For This Useful Post:

I'll run 2 towns, but I'll only WiFi in the first one.

Thanks for the help,
    Zach

Your welcome

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Yes you can have multiple AC towns. I just rename the RVFOREST.DAT file on my computer and keep a spreadsheet of the changes made in each town. Just rename them back to RVFOREST.DAT, put them on your SD chip and upload it back on to your Wii. The biggest problem I am running into is keeping my friend codes straight. They are imbedded in the RV...DAT file so if you are going back and forth, adding new friends, invariably someone will get dropped. Suggestion, make a spreadsheet with your friend codes, and in the comment section of your friends when online, put their FC in the comment section so you have it. You can't start out with numbers so first put the word code:xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. Works just fine.

Authors of AC Toolkit.. are you listening, it would be GREAT if you could include a FC editor in the next version :--)
    Last edited by mrcyberdoc; 07-19-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: add a line or two

That's pretty complicated! XD

I'll just keep files with Town 1 and its WIISAVES and Town 2 and its WIISAVES in separate files so that I know which backups are which.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcyberdoc View Post
    Authors of AC Toolkit.. are you listening, it would be GREAT if you could include a FC editor in the next version :--)
    FC Editor is two dangerous, never will be implemented

Since when can't you start a spreadsheet cell with numbers?

Why is an FC Editor any more dangerous than any other editing tool? Spreadsheets, yes I did that a long time ago, but if you are running 3 towns on 3 chips and you want to add the same FC, then you have to do it through your Wii 3 times. Being able to do it on the computer would be quicker and a real enhancement... my thought anyway.

Zac,
    Actually it's quite easy. I created a spreadsheet with the names of all the modifications, hack1, hack2, etc. and a description of what changes I made in each hack. Mind you if you take an old hack and install it back on to your Wii, you'll probably have a loss of flowers. No different than if you went on vacation for a couple weeks and hadn't been in AC.

BabyToadette

Default yes

yes you can have multiple towns!

HOW? well i accidently found out how to and no I have two friend codes for one character
    I'm not entirerly sure how so I will send you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToadette View Post
    yes you can have multiple towns!

HOW? well i accidently found out how to and no I have two friend codes for one character
    I'm not entirerly sure how so I will send you a pm
    An easier way to all of this is to use the 1.3 version of actoolkit and use the import/export town layout feature. Make a folder for each version of the town you want. I have Town A, Town B, Town C so on and so on. Save the acre file and the town layout file of whatever version of your town you want to use in the designated folder. Then you can just load whatever town you want to suit your mood. Now all of your towns are in sync but look like different towns. It's a lot easier then having multiple rvforest files IMO.