Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating the Nintendo Channel w/o Losing HBC?

Default Updating the Nintendo Channel w/o Losing HBC?

I want to update the Nintendo Channel because of a new feature that lets you see how many hours you've played on a certain game, but I don't want to lose the Homebrew Channel because of the update, is there anything I can do to update the channel while preserving the HBC? I know that there's something that lets you update the Wii Shop Channel, but is there anything for the other channels as well?

Thanks!
    Zach
    Yo mama. :U

just update the Shop Channel and update the Nintendo Channel through it.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sora1234 View Post
    Or....Get the homebrew app that does that.
    Welcome back.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Could someone possibly tell me what the app is called?

Thank ya!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SonicHyuga For This Useful Post:

Hmm.. I had the latest BBC and just updated and it didn't take away my homebrew.

I heard that WiiSCU is dangerous to use. I'm not much of an advanced hacker and don't bother to mess with the IOS's and NAND files (though I do back up with BootMii), so is it dangerous for me to update using WiiSCU for the Nintendo Channel, or is that only for the Wii Shop Channel? Plus, is it just like any other app on the Homebrew Channel? Sorry for the questions, but I really only use Gecko and Savegame Extractor/Installer on the HBC.

Thank you!
    Zach
    Last edited by zachev2kool; 01-15-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Looks like there arent any apps out (that I know of) that directly update the nintendo channel. Sonic has the best idea for updating safely. Another alternative would be if you are on 4.2 (or 4.1 cant remember) and have preloader just enable the disable check for haxx and such ids. This will prevent the system menu for checking for the hbc when updating anything.