Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wendell is now helping delivering HDLC design

After gathering a little bit of information about DNS server, here is my preliminary thought...

If you are able to have a DNS server (with static IP) that redirect the name nwcs.wapp.wii.com to one of your aibohack domain IP addresses, then I am definitely interested to test whether, by manually set-up the internet connection on our Wii (perhaps by putting your DNS server IP address as the primary DNS server in the set-up), the game could grab the DLC directly from this redirected IP address server (by allowing WiiConnect24 overnight). We could just put the guard's helmet DLC rvforestdl_us.enc file in that server, and see whether it works or not.

This will open the opportunity for distributing either custom or existing DLCs to non-wiibrew players when Nintendo stops their DLC creation/distribution. But they still need to manually change the DNS server set-up for their Wii internet connection (which
    may need some holding hands to do it properly).

Thanks again for this interesting suggestion.

(getting OT)
    > ... If you are able to have a DNS server (with static IP) that redirect the name
    That's the missing piece. Relatively easy to do on your local computer (where you can install a DNS server with redirection for the proper sites) or if you have your own server on the web with a static IP.
    FWIW: aibohack.com is on an ancient server farm (it has a static IP address, but I don't think I can run a DNS server). Not sure what game-hackers.com is using.
    BTW: Also generally shunned on the web (ie. more often used for phishing than what we are talking about)

Perhaps a little late in the life cycle of the ACCF game (if we knew more about WC24 files back then, it might have made sense a year ago).

Default Wow...

I wonder if I can register MrsKlaus in my friend roster. My name is Jay "FNG", my town name is Datel, and my friend code is 0389-2152-5096. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Welcome back, Datel employee. Nice to see you all still have a vested interest in our work. Please try not to steal too much while you're here

P.S. I'm still awaiting my job offer...
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    (getting OT)
    > ... If you are able to have a DNS server (with static IP) that redirect the name
    That's the missing piece. Relatively easy to do on your local computer (where you can install a DNS server with redirection for the proper sites) or if you have your own server on the web with a static IP.
    FWIW: aibohack.com is on an ancient server farm (it has a static IP address, but I don't think I can run a DNS server). Not sure what game-hackers.com is using.
    BTW: Also generally shunned on the web (ie. more often used for phishing than what we are talking about)

Perhaps a little late in the life cycle of the ACCF game (if we knew more about WC24 files back then, it might have made sense a year ago).
    You can't just park nwcs.wapp.wii.com. It's already taken. The alternative is to set up a server like you're saying and use a patch to the ISO or an Ocarina code to change the location it downloads items from. Fairly cool idea, but easier said than done.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView