Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB Gecko.

Default USB Gecko.

I ordered one of these things not too long ago, it should be here in a week.

Can someone explain how to use this on AC:CF, what programs do you need to download?
    Wii FC: 3033 0676 9948 9703
    SSBB FC: 5198 5229 2644
    Xbox Live Gamertag: duckbin

Blog Entries

http://hbc.hackmii.com/ Read the whole thing. >_> You'll need to use the twilight hack to install the channel from what I've read.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

It says I need to have a Twilight hack gamesave on my Wii, what is that? And do I still need to buy an SD Card?

Do I even need the USB Gecko?

Blog Entries

Yes you need an SD card... the USB Gecko isn't exactly required I think :\ but its recommended as you can do more with it...

EDIT: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_y...i_for_Homebrew there ya go.

So, would the USB Gecko help in hacking AC:CF?

Blog Entries

From my understanding you wont be able to search for addresses etc. with the usbgecko, you would only be able to play foreign games and use the codes.
    Last edited by Maniac; 11-18-2008 at 08:20 PM.

So, are you sure I still need to buy an SD card even if I have the USB Gecko?

I don't even understand how the USB Gecko helps.

You need a USB Gecko to preform memory searches. A SD card is required to install the Twilight Hack and the Homebrew Channel.

first off u need zelda twilight princess for the wii then u needa download certain files and put them onto ur sd card to install the twilight hack and the homebrew channel after that you run twilight princess load the data(theres 2 one for the first version of disc n one for second check ur disc it has a number 01 or 02 at the end of the digits on the back center of the disc) then go talk to a dude infront of you in the game then a **** load of codes will run on ur screen(dont worry about it) and your wii will restart after finished and u got homebrew channel after that u gotta install gecko os(or backup launcher v03 gamma) to get ur usbgecko working and to search for cheats you must load the game through backup launcher or gecko os

As mentioned there are several levels of 'hacking'
    Almost all options require the installation of the HomeBrew Channel. That's what the Twilight Princess hack does. It enables WiiBrew. SD card required. Clear instructions given on the wiibrew.org website. Don't install the latest firmware update!!

Another variation is to install a mod chip. I won't go into details here.
    -----
    Finally the USB Gecko (and WiiRD software) is a very powerful tool that makes hacking easy.
    This graphic describes it best: http://l0nk.org/geckoos.png

It makes it *too* easy IMHO. Hacks that took an hour to find on the old DS, you can find in a minute or two with the Wii (and USB Gecko).

People are trying to make 'codes' without a USB Gecko. That is possible, but it is slow and error-prone (like trying to write a program without a debugger).

The WiiRD tool forum has a lot of useful info:
    http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum
    (like any other public forums, expect a considerable number of newbies mixed in with people who know what they are doing)