Thread: A few new projects :D

Blog Entries

Default A few new projects :D

So, any new ASM learners wanna help me with these codes?
    (I could do them on my own but I wanna give other people a chance to make stuff)
    Code:
    Auto-Building placer

Addresses needed: Map address, Acre address, House size, Nook Size

What it will do: this code will place all buildings in their correct positions based on the acres you have, and based on your house size/nook size.

What it will be useful for: noobs who have been seeded and had to use the "remove everything" code
    Code:
    Visitor Log

Addresses needed: Visitor names and towns, Bulletin board post
    (hint: the bulletin board posts aren't ascii, they're the same as "copied text")

What it will do: this code will keep a log of all the visitors who have been to your
    town (from the time you activate the code) and store it on a Bulletin board post. It'll
    need enough storage for at least 4 names and towns (16 32-bit words)

What it will be useful for: if you leave your gate open for long periods of time without
    being there and you get seeded, you can check the bulletin board for a list of who was there while you were gone so you can figure out who seeded you.
    Always willing to help with anything, code-related or not. :]

I was thinking about a code similar to the first one you mentioned, but my idea was if you got seeded, erase all buildings on the map, then put all of the buildings back in their normal spots...I figured it would be hard for me to do on my own since I noticed in AnimalMap, some of the building acre values kept changing, but I would like to help on these codes if I can.
    Last edited by Demonic722; 04-19-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 4699-6293-3106

I'm still thinking on a concept for some sort of anti seeding code... Dboy's Visitor Log is great, but if you get bricked you probably can't get on to see... so... If I was making an anti seeding code, it couldn't really be scanning the map constantly, because it would slow the game to much... right? Scanning inventory would be useless... and scanning the chat would be useless too because people could just bring the seed in from their town... hmm...
    http://siestacat.webs.com/GetAttachment.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by siestacat View Post
    I'm still thinking on a concept for some sort of anti seeding code... Dboy's Visitor Log is great, but if you get bricked you probably can't get on to see... so... If I was making an anti seeding code, it couldn't really be scanning the map constantly, because it would slow the game to much... right? Scanning inventory would be useless... and scanning the chat would be useless too because people could just bring the seed in from their town... hmm...
    Well, my original anti-seeder code does scan the map constantly without slowing the game down, and it works in theory, but there's just not enough "free memory" to hold all the data. I thought there was, but it turns out that "free memory" isn't actually always empty. The algorithm works, there's just nowhere to put all your town data..

Blog Entries

One concept for an anti-seed code would be to make a checksum of the map data every x amount of seconds and when it changes, scan for seeds. I'm not sure if constantly calculating a checksum every x seconds would slow down the game at all, but it's definitely more efficient than a constant scan (slowwww).
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    One concept for an anti-seed code would be to make a checksum of the map data every x amount of seconds and when it changes, scan for seeds. I'm not sure if constantly calculating a checksum every x seconds would slow down the game at all, but it's definitely more efficient than a constant scan (slowwww).
    Ohh, that would be A LOT easier :P
    So, one idea i have from that would be add up all the hex codes on the map, if the checksum changes, check how big the difference is, and if it's the value of a seed, search the map for that seed and remove it (the code would save the original values when you first activate it, that way it doesn't remove any of your buildings)
    It can save it in the code, that way no free memory is needed, and the code would only be a few lines longer.

So when does the project begin?
    3DS Friend Code: 4699-6293-3106

Blog Entries

I dunno :P Whenever I'm bored
    Vash's idea would actually be easy, and it wouldn't need to do it every x seconds, it could do it constantly, for example like this:
    Code:
    ldr r0, MapSlot
    @get the checksum one slot at a time
    @by loading mapslot, storing value
    @adding 0x2, storing new mapslot, ending code
    @and beginning again
    @get the checksum, lets say in r4

ldr r3, StoredChecksum
    cmp r4, r3
    bne CheckForSeeds
    bx lr
    CheckForSeeds:
    sub r3, r4, r3
    @now check if difference is the value of a seed
    @or, you can even check if it changes from a seed to an empty space
    @like if someone removes your house
    @it would be a negative number if you do that, which you can just use neg to negate a register

@rest of stuff
    @if not a seed, store new checksum
    strh r4, StoredChecksum
    blah blah

Edit:
    well, maybe it would be better to do it every few seconds...XD
    otherwise the time it takes to loop every slot may be enough time to drop more than one seed, which may confuse it.

a 32-bit word should be enough to hold the checksum of every single slot on the map, even if every slot held 0xFFFF

Blog Entries

Well, you could use standard checksum algorithms like CRC32, MD5, or otherwise. These algorithms are designed to spit out a word regardless of the amount of data being used to calculate the value.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView